Prevent Air Fryer Basket from Sticking | [Tricks for Seasoning]
You just finally bought your own air fryer and life couldn’t get any better. You feel happy, you feel energized and you’re ready to experiment your first meal. With numerous air fryer brands bragging about the non-stick quality of their pans, take it from me, there is pretty much nothing that layer does. So that’s why you need to equip yourself with knowledge on how to use air fryer perfectly , how to season air fryer properly and how to prevent air fryer basket from sticking.
So let’s get started with how to season air fryer. But first there are a couple of things you’ll need to grab first.
Seasoning Your Air Fryer | What you’ll need.
- Soft sponge.
- Water that has been warmly heated.
- Paper towels.
- Your air fryer.
Instructions on how Season Air Fryer basket to prevent basket from Sticking.
- Using a kitchen towel, remove the air fryer basket and pan from the air fryer.
- Pour a little of the warm water on the removable basket and pan just to get them wet.
- Lather your soft sponge using a generous amount of soap. Remember our intention is to wash them squeaky clean so don’t be stingy with the soap.
- Gently but thoroughly scrub the inside of air fryer basket and pan. .
- Pour the warm water on the washed item and rinse the off carefully.
- Lather your soft sponge again.
- Rewash your removable air fryer basket and the pan and rinse them with a lot of warm water. I insist on this step just to ensure you effectively get rid of any greasy build up from previous cooking. However you can skip this step.
- Using a clean kitchen towel, dab the air fryer basket and pan lightly to dry them off. I however let mine to air dry just for a minute or two precisely because I don’t like the tiny particles some kitchen towels leave behind. If you’re in no hurry, I’d recommend air drying. After all one minute wouldn’t hurt.
- Once they are partially dry, return the basket inside the food drawer.
- After returning the drawer into your air fryer, set the temperature at 400 degrees setting your timer at 5 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, remove the pan.
- Pour some coconut oil on your paper towel and rub it around the surface area of the air fryer basket. Just do a light coating. A heavy coating will only increase greasy build up. Shun from using aerosol sprays as they only build up grease. This includes the likes of PAM or any other similar sprays.
- After ensuring that every inch of the air fryer’s basket is coated with coconut oil, return it back into the air fryer and let it stay on for the remaining 2 minutes.
Viola! You have successfully seasoned you air basket.
Additional tips and tricks to prevent air fryer basket from sticking
- Shake your air fryer from side to side. During cooking, you should try gently shaking the air fryer from side to side. This trick to prevent air fryer basket from sticking not only distributes food better for even cooking, but also prevents any sticking that was forming. However when baking your deserts, cakes or muffins, this is not applicable as it would crush your muffins into breadcrumbs.
- Add a little water or marinade during cooking. As you continue with the cooking, adding small amounts of water not only gives that thick stew and moisture to your food, it also works to prevent cooking. I’d advice on marinade though since it has all the spices soaked within. With this tip, be careful not to add to much water. Just a few tablespoons at a time would do if you’re opting for just a little moist feel.
- Do not overcrowd your air fryer basket. Leave the sticking aside, we’ll tackle that later, but overfilling your air fryer basket doesn’t give your food enough space to cook evenly and well. Here is where the sticking comes in. Just put the right amount of food and let it simmer, let it crisp, let it bake, and let it cook just how you want it.
- Another trick ton how to prevent air fryer basket from sticking is to set the right temperature settings to avoid overcooking which may lead to sticking. Just like cooking food normally in high heat, it will definitely lead to sticking of food on the pan. Once you’ve set the temperature setting and along the cooking process you realize the heat is a little bit too high, don’t shy from resetting the heat.
- Turn the food halfway the cooking time. This tip applies with all other methods of cooking not only when you’re air frying. Especially when you’re cooking greasy foods.
- Purchase a high quality air fryer. Times have changed and people can now give reviews on the products they purchase. These reviews are not just for the manufacturer but for you as well. Research o the best brands. Have a list of the brands you’ve settled on then narrow down on your air fryer of choice. This choice is dependent on what you want your air fryer to do. Don’t compromise on the quality. I repeat quality is everything. If the brand you settled on is above your budget, wait and save up till it’s enough. But do not go for the cheap ones .Don’t get me wrong, I did not say cheap air dryer are of low quality. I am just advising on quality. Now you’re wondering what quality has to do with sticking in your air fryer. Well everything! Low quality air fryers use low quality products during the manufacturing process. Therefore, despite the non-function ability of the non-stick pan of most air fryers, those with low quality are even worse.
Lastly, care for your air fryer. No, this doesn’t have anything to do with seasoning your air fryer, but if you want your air fryer to be around longer, you sure won’t ignore this. Wipe the outer surface of your air fryer from time to time just to dust it off. Don’t forget to find it a good home. Out of the reach of kids, let the counter top space be clean and away from the edge just to lower the risk of falling down. Experiment more, you know you want to. Do it to “prevent air fryer basket from sticking”.
More useful websites on how to prevent air fryer basket from sticking
>>>Image source: Gadgets Home