An air fryer is a healthier alternative to deep-frying food, which results in lower fat content and calories. With the market flooded with every brand marketing their product, it gets quite confusing just which one is the best for cooking multiple foods. Below are the 7 best air fryer models that have hit it with customers this year. This features multi-cooker air fryers from different manufacturers and suppliers such as Phillips, GoWise USA, NutriChef, Black & Decker, Cosori, Breville and others. Before I jump directly to my recommendations, let us first get the Technical and healthy issue questions out of the way! However, I ask you to also read this whole page as it contains valuable nuggets which will help you make an informed buying decision.
In A Hurry? (Or Are You Curious?)
What is an air fryer?
Air fryers came into the picture in 2010 introduced by Phillips Electronic Company during an electronics fair in Berlin. However, the original patent was in 2005 and was filed by Turbochef Technologies. The anticipated target market for this appliance was eating outlets and established hotel.
With that brief history out of the way, let’s get to answer the main question here. Just what is an air fryer? The simple definition is that this is simply a kitchen appliance that cooks food with just a small amount of oil. The more technical definition would be, a kitchen appliance that uses convection mechanism to cook. This is by circulating hot air around the food.
How does an air fryer work?
Like every product of technology, there is science involved in its functioning and the air fryer has that too. Once the food is placed in the cooking basket, as mentioned earlier, the device uses a convention mechanism for cooking. To facilitate cooking, the interior of an air fryer is made up of a fan that passes hot air around and over the food and a heating element from which heat is radiated to the cooking chamber where the food is. The compact cooking chamber expedites faster cooking while the speedy circulation of air makes food crisp just like it would be if deep-fried.
Is Air Fryer Cooked Food Healthy?
Eating food is not only about that savoury taste and getting a full tummy, but the nutrients too. Therefore, it is quite understandable if you’d question the quality health-wise of food cooked using an air fryer. I mean, nobody wants to enjoy a tasty quick meal today just to get sick tomorrow or a few years later. With all these pros selling it out, just how healthy is the food it cooks?
Working as a healthier alternative to deep-frying food, this way of cooking results in lower fat content and calories. Instead of so submerging your food in a generous amount oil, a tablespoon or one spray of cooking oil will do the trick. Fat content is cut into nearly half when using this method of cooking.
Reduction of fat content in food has numerous health benefits ranging from achieving a good body weight and consequentially a good BMI. It also reduces the susceptibility to diseases like high blood pressure, obesity, and heart diseases among many more.
With cancers on the rise, prevention is the best course of action. Research has shown that high – heat cooking methods may result in the formation of acrylamide. Acrylamide has been termed as a probable carcinogen therefore linked to cancer. Using an air fryer eliminates this risk by a whole 90%.
Additionally, those with allergies and intolerances may prefer using this appliance. This simply because the risk of cross-contact with potential allergens is reduced a great deal.
Well, with that I’ll let you be the judge of whether air fryer fried food is healthy or not. However, I must admit that steaming and grilling are healthier alternatives for cooking.
Now, to my 7 best air fryer recommendations.
✅Best Air Fryer Winners Revealed
#1: Philips HD9240/94 Adance XL
Standing tall in black, the Philips HD9240/94 Adance XL has a certain sense of class to it. I’m sure you’ll particularly love the easily understandable settings inscribed at the top front of the air fryer in a sophisticated shade of gold. This handy appliance can cook enough food for four.
What you’ll love about Philips HD9240/94 Adance XL.
- Smart Preset Button. Get this, this air fryer has a smart preset button which memorizes the settings of your favourite food. I don’t know if it’s only me but that’s such a plus.
- Digital touchscreen. Out with the buttons in with the digital touchscreen. These touchscreens allow you to customize the settings just how you like it.
- Removable non-stick drawer. There’s nothing as frustrating as doing dishes. This non-stick drawer is dishwasher safe sparing the headache.
- Up to date Air technology. This simply means food cooks evenly.
- Light. Who wants a massive appliance filling their counter space? I know I don’t. Well, this is it.
The Philips HD9240/94 Adance XL can occupy the place of honour in air fryers, thanks to its up to date air technology, compact and lightweight size, durable body, and practical features. I highly recommend it.
#2: COSORI 5.8Qt electric
Designed in California, this air fryer comes highly recommended. This electric air dryer comes in an almost rectangular shape and is slightly smaller than its peers. With a whopping 2-year warranty, this appliance has 1700 wattage.
What you’ll love about COSORI 5.8Qt Electric Hot Air Fryer.
- It Can Cook A whole variety of different meals. It’s about time you brushed up your culinary skills mate.
- 2-year warranty. Not 6 months not one year but a whole 2 years. If that doesn’t brighten your day, then I don’t know what will. And I did mention their 90-day money-back policy. I rest my case.
- Free recipes. I just knew you’d love this. This air fryer comes with 100 free recipes with a
- Easy to use. It’s built-in LED touchscreen just takes easy to a whole new level. It makes it easier to adjust temperature settings.
- Safe. I know you don’t want your air fryer blowing up in your kitchen. Well, you don’t have to fret with the COSORI 5.8Qt. The automatic shut off prevents overheating. Impressive right. No wonder it is ETL/FDA certified.
- Dishwasher safe. You easily clean this appliance with no worries.
Cons of COSORI 5.8Qt Electric Hot Air Fryer.
- It’s sad that such a functional device doesn’t come in bigger sizes.
COSORI is a leading brand on Amazon and it gets my highest rating and recommendation.
#3: T-fal 1510001181 FZ700251 Multi Actifry Fryer
With a clear top, this circular air fryer can cook up to 1 kg of French fries. Quite impressive.
What you’ll love about it.
- It comes with a cookbook. I know you’ve been wanting to try new recipes, well here’s your chance.
- It’s easy to clean with some parts being removable.
What you won’t love about it.
- It doesn’t automatically stop to cook once the time is up. However, this should not be a turn off because it is easy to turn off manually.
#4: Philips HD9621/96
Coming in black, this rectangular air fryer has a simple but sleek look. Despite the fact that this model is manually operated, it comes quite handy and is affordable too.
What you’ll love about it.
Easy to clean. This appliance has a removable non-stick mesh making it so easy to clean. Its food basket and non-stick mesh are also dishwasher safe.
Small but handy. Holding an estimate of 1.8lb the appliance is 20% smaller than its predecessor, therefore, making it quite handy and easy to fit into your kitchen. So, if you’re looking to save on space Philips HD9621/96 is the way to go.
It heats up instantly.
Cons of Philips HD9621/96.
- With so many automatic air fryers this one is at a disadvantage since you have to operate it manually.
- Poor ergonomics. The settings are somewhat vague and the settings aren’t clearly labelled.
- The air fryer comes with very little instruction on how to use or care for it or even safety precautions.
#5: OMORC, 6QT Air fryer
OMORC XL, 6QT is a modern model which is quickly gaining ground and becoming one of the best air fryers around today.
What you’ll love about OMORC XL, 6QT Air fryer.
- It’s bigger and definitely better. That wraps that.
- Easy operation: If you’re not a fan of reading manuals like me, then this product is for you. It is so easy to use no manual is needed. With one Knob and tough control, you do not need to press settings button several times like other air fryers. Just rotate the Multifunctional knob to adjust timer & temp and choose ideal presets. And it has 7 cooking presets you can use to make excellent fries, rib, shrimp, cake, chicken, steak, and fish.
- It is Quiet: Now who doesn’t want a quiet air dryer, I am certain you want one too. Well, this air dryer barely makes a sound.
- Automatic power off. This makes it very safe to use. I’d rate it at 100% safe.
- Dishwasher safe and BPA free removable parts which make cleaning for this air fryer easy.
- Nonstick and easy-to-clean fry basket and pot, equipped with a cool-touch handle and button guard to prevent accidental detachment
Cons of OMORC XL, 6QT Air fryer.
Some clients have complained about a plastic smell.
OMORC 6 Qt is a good purchase if you are looking for an affordable and high-class air fryer which uses less oil than traditional frying methods, to cook but yields the same crisp fried foods, which are healthier and more nutritious for your family.
#6: Simple Living XXL 5.8QT Digital Air Fryer
What you’ll love about Simple Living XXL 5.8QT
- Programmed cooking mode. This air fryer has preprogrammed presets. Now you can have an easy time making your favourite meals.
- With its larger capacity, it is more convenient and you can fit your whole chicken in it.
- Digital touchscreen and knob control. Now, this is what you call having an easy time cooking. You’ll just have to get yourself one to understand what I’m talking about here.
- Special features. Equipped with a 3 Piece Accessory Set. It also comes with a Customized Recipe Book. Additionally, not only is it ETL Certified but it also has a cooking Function Memory Control. Its Non-Stick FDA is highly recommended for cooking surfaces.
What you won’t love about Simple Living XXL 5.8QT Digital Air Fryer.
There’s nothing to hate about it. Literally.
#7: Ninja, 1550-Watt
This insanely affordable air dryer comes with a ceramic coated basket. It comes in classy black or grey.
What you’ll love about Ninja 1550-Watt Air Fryer
- A variety of temperature setting. This gives you an opportunity to experiment and cook food differently.
- A multi-layered rack that increases dehydrating capacity.
- The parts of the air dryer are dishwasher safe. Even when hand washing, it is still easy.
- You will love this air fryer’s basket. It is coated with ceramic.
#8: Cuisinart TOA-60 Air Fryer / Toaster Oven
Having a larger space than most air fryers, Cuisinart TOA-60 resembles the shape of a microwave. Though I personally think the manufacturers could have done a better job on this one given the advancements, this air fryer does have its pros.
What you’ll love about Cuisinart TOA-60 Air Fryer Toaster Oven.
- It has a larger surface area than most models and brands.
- This appliance frys food to a crispy and crunchy taste.
What you won’t love about it.
It is a little heavier than most brands and models.
That brings to the end of the best air fryers review. Keep reading below to learn more about these kitchen appliances.
What can you cook in an air fryer?
While carefully mimicking the taste, crispiness and texture of food when deep-fried, this countertop appliance has quite a variety of foods that it can successfully cook to perfection. Furthermore, these kitchen appliances claim to not only fry but also roast, grill and bake.
With just but a tablespoon of oil, you can cook the main dishes to desserts. Just before you rule out frozen foods, all frozen foods that are usually baked in an oven can be cooked in this magic machine. Yes, I said all frozen foods ranging from your French fries, to your fish sticks to your oh so delicious nuggets, you name it. Is it frozen? Then the air fryer can cook it for you. And that’s not all, not only does it cook faster attributing to its compact size as compared to the larger size of ovens, but also cooks food with zero oil, unlike deep-frying, therefore, fewer calories. With a mere 12 minutes, your frozen meal is all crisp on the outside with a tender moistness on the inside.
When they call the air fryer a multi-cooker, they are right as this appliance can also cook completely raw meat. Be it chicken, beef, mutton, pork or even fish. With the right settings of 360 degrees F, a whole chicken is ready in 30 minutes. As different air fryers come with different built some come with a grill which means you can grill your steak, burgers, salmon you name it.
Who doesn’t love their vegetables all roasted with that crispy feel? Well I know I do. Certain types of vegetables can be roasted here with the likes of capsicum, Portobello, enoki and cauliflower. However, some models can fry your vegetables just as you would with your skillet.
Your cupcakes and muffins are not left out of the circle. Baking them in small quantities, using a non-stick pan, the air fryer can a bake your bread, lasagna and quiche not compromising on the savoury taste.
However, as much as this appliance is handy, you cannot cook large quantities of food all at once. If you’re hosting friends over or having family over, you’ll have to cook a couple of a number of times. Additionally, you can’t cook anything that has liquid batter in an air fryer. Other than that, we could confidently say there’s almost nothing an air fryer can’t cook so feel free to be creative in your cooking.
Is an air fryer worth it?
Fetching quite an expensive price on the market, is this kitchen appliance really worth it? With so much buzz around the product, you may be assessing the value silently in your head. Well allow me to help you with that.
Here’s why I think this appliance is worth every dime. With the rate at which everything is moving so fast, it would be great to save any minute not to mention how much hustle this gadget will save you when you’re back home after an exhausting day at work. With as little as 10 minutes you can get a hot meal.
Ever heard of Ralph Waldo’s saying that the first wealth is health? Well, I totally agree with him. An air fryer helps you with safeguarding this so widely sought treasure, good health. So, if you ask me if there’s anything that can promote your good health, you and I ought to get to board that ship ASAP.
Chefs always have the notion that food isn’t only for the purpose of getting nutrients, but also exercising your taste buds. We all agree good food yields good days. The air fryer doesn’t compromise on the tasty. It maintains the crunchy tastes. It doesn’t limit your creative side therefore you can spice up your foods as much as you like.
Cleaning is the messy aftermath after a scrumptious meal that no one likes. Well, this kitchen appliance is so easy to clean you won’t feel the pain of a few extra minutes cleaning.
Space. This is what every kitchen is always crying for. These devices won’t eat up into space. It accomplishes what an oven can do, with only the countertop space. I’m begging to agree that good things really do come in small sizes.
Air fryers require only a splash of oil to get the food cooking.
With the whole universe moving towards green energy, air fryer is on that ship too. It uses way less energy than the ordinary oven. Therefore, universe lovers, this is the product you’ve been looking for.
However, I’d be a liar if I didn’t give you the cons. The air fryer’s fan makes some noise, and the fact is that you can’t cook large portions of food at once. Well, these aren’t things you can’t live with. Read this article for expert answers to 22 questions about this appliance
AIR FRYER BUYING GUIDE – Things To Consider In Order To Choose The Best Air Fryer
Once you’ve decided you too want to have the first-hand feel of this magic device, getting just the best air fryer your self is the next task. This all depends on personal preferences. First things first, you’ve got to know exactly what you want. There are just a few factors you need to remember before you’re a proud owner of one of the best air fryer.
It all depends on how much you’re willing to spend to get the best air fryer. Work within your range, but just because it’s expensive doesn’t guarantee the quality. Some of these appliances are just outrageously expensive.
The outward appearance is definitely the first thing to draw you nor repel you towards anything, not just an air fryer. Here’s where your colour preferences come in. The shape is also in this category though most air fryers have a similar shape.
The size of the fryer
How much does the air fryer actually weigh? This is key to consider since it determines the ease of lifting it. You also consider how tall or short it is. This should coincide with your kitchen and the place you want to place it.
For creative minds that do it all, be it roasting, grilling, baking you name it, the best air fryer for you is one that supports all your cooking styles or your preferred cooking method.
I could call this one of the most important factors in choosing the best air fryer since it consequentially affects the food you’ll make. Ensuring that settings are easily adjustable depending on the food you’re cooking should never be overlooked.
The capacity of your appliance
We’ve already established that despite the numerous pros, the air fryer can’t quite cook large food portions, however, the capacities do vary. For those living alone, a smaller one would be okay but if you’re a family person, the larger ones will do better for you.
Often overlooked, wattage is very key. Be sure to check the wattage of the air fryer.
Features of the appliance
Now newer air fryers are being developed by the day, therefore, some fryers have more advanced features than others. Ensure to check on the features of your preferred air fryer.
well, that brings us to the end of this post. I will leave you with a youtube video review of the